Barger Backs Young Kim for Being a Strong Consensus Builder
Fullerton, CA – Today, Chair of the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, Kathryn Barger, announced her endorsement of former Assemblywoman Young Kim in her bid for Congress. Barger joins a growing list of county officials that have endorsed Young Kim, including multiple Supervisors from Orange and San Bernardino counties.
Elected in 2016, Supervisor Barger represents Los Angeles County’s 5th supervisorial district – the county’s largest – spanning 22 cities and 70 unincorporated communities. Barger serves on boards for Metrolink, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority, and the South Coast Air Quality Management District.
“Young Kim has spent her public service career supporting small businesses and protecting taxpayers, while investing in her community and working with local leaders on regional issues,” said Supervisor Barger, Chair of the Los Angeles Board of Supervisors. “Young Kim is the type of consensus-builder and leader that we need, and I endorse her for U.S. Congress.”
The full list of County Officials supporting Young Kim for Congress:
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Kathryn Barger, Chair
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael Antonovich, ret.
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Don Knabe, ret.
- Orange County Sheriff Don Barnes
- Orange County Sheriff Sandra Hutchens, ret.
- Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas, ret.
- Orange County Treasurer Shari Freidenrich
- Orange County Clerk-Recorder Hugh Nguyen
- Orange County Supervisor Michelle Steel, Chair
- Orange County Supervisor Andrew Do, Vice Chair
- Orange County Supervisor Lisa Bartlett,
- Orange County Supervisor Don Wagner
- Orange County Supervisor Cynthia Coad, ret.
- Orange County Supervisor Bill Campbell, ret.
- San Bernardino County Supervisor Curt Hagman, Chair
- San Bernardino County Supervisor Janice Rutherford
- San Bernardino County Supervisor Robert Lovingood
- San Bernardino County Supervisor Gary Ovitt, ret.